UFC 99 The Comeback Outcome

UFC 99 The Comeback, in my opinion, was average at the best. All of the fights where pretty good but none of them had me jumping out of my seat with excitement. I expect a whole lot more from future UFC events.

Marcus Davis Vs. Dan Hardy
This fight was one of the better ones. The fight was pretty even with Marcus Davis controlling it on the ground and Dan Hardy doing some serious damage with a knee and some elbows. I definately had Marcus Davis winning the first two rounds but Dan Hardy obviously got the better of him in the third. This was a good close fight and Dan Hardy took the split decision.

Watch

Spencer Fisher Vs. Caol Uno
I thought that if Caol Uno could takedown Spencer Fisher then he could win. This fight was pretty even in my eyes; noone really caused any significant damage in the fight. In the end of the third round Caol Uno finally got in some decent ground and pound. I don't understand why, but Spencer Fisher got the unanimous decision. Horrible job by the judges in my opinion.

Watch

Mike Swick Vs. Ben Saunders
Started off a little slow but hilarious. It went to the ground with Mike Swick on top right away. Ben Saunders continued to hold Mike Swick down and prevent him from posturing up. The hilarious part is when you can hear them talk shit to eachother. Mike says something like "You gonna hold me all night?!" then Ben answers with something like "I wanna stan up bitch!" I thought this was very funny. But anyways Mike Swick got the first finish on the main card with a second round TKO via strikes. I was disappointed because, like i said before, I am not a Mike Swick fan.

Watch


Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Mostapha Al Turk
Cro Cop won via eyepoke. But seriously he would have dominated Al-Turk regardless. Cro Cop took the fight with a first round TKO.

Watch

Cheick Kongo Vs. Cain Velasquez
This fight went almost exactly how I pictured it. The only thing that surprised me was how early Kongo rocked Velasquez. But Cain was able to recover quickly and dominate big ass Cheick Kongo with his superior ground skills. Cain Velasquez took the unanimous decision. He is definatley a major threat to everyone in the heavyweight division (Yes even bigass Brock AKA Cock Chestner).

Watch

Rich Franklin Vs. Wanderlei Silva
This was a good fight. I don't really know what to say about it though. Rich Franklin took the unanimous decision. I've heard/read some people say that they think Wanderlei should have won that fight. I don't know if I agree with that though so let me know what you guys think.

Watch Part 1
Watch Part 2

I added links to each section where you can watch the fights. So check them out and holla at me!!



Comments

No responses to “UFC 99 The Comeback Outcome”

Post a Comment