Countdown to UFC 99 The Comeback

UFC 99 The Comeback will be on tonight. I don't think that this card is that great, however it should still be exciting. Now that I think about it this card is actually pretty good. It just seems a little weak to me compared to a few of the previous cards like UFC 96, UFC 97 & UFC 98. Not to mention upcoming cards like UFC 100 & UFC 101. I'm actually looking forward to some of the fights after watching The Countdown to UFC 99 on Spike TV. Heres how I have them going:

Marcus Davis Vs. Dan Hardy
I don't really know what to say about this one. Both of these guys are confident in their boxing so I expect a nice boxing match ending in a TKO or KO. I think this will be a close fight but I'm hoping that Marcus Davis does his thing and fucks up Dan Hardy and his dumb accent.

Spencer Fisher Vs. Caol Uno
This one has obvious scenarios. If Spencer Fisher can stay on his feet then he'll take this one but if Caol Uno can get the take down (he will in my opinion) then he could probably finish him.

Mike Swick Vs. Ben Saunders
Heres one I'm more excited about. I don't really like Mike Swick; I don't know why I'm just not a fan. But Ben Saunders is a badass in my opinion. This should be a pretty good standup fight ending with Mike "Quick" Swick gettin his shit kicked in. Ben is just too nasty for Swick, funny guys too.

Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Mostapha Al Turk
Cro Cop!! Enough Said.

Cheick Kongo Vs. Cain Velasquez
I can't wait for this fight. I really have no idea who is going to win this one. I can't see either of these guys losing. I'm actually happy that Cheick Kongo replaced Heath Herring. In my opinion Cain would have ran through Heath. Cheik Kongo will make this fight way more interesting. I think Cain Velasquez could win with some good ground and pound but I see it going to the judges.

Rich Franklin Vs. Wanderlei Silva
This fight is going to be good but it would have been way better if it happend earlier. I think that these guys are out of their prime. Maybe not so much Rich Franklin as much as Wanderlei Silva. Wanderlei just doesn't seem as vicious as he did back in the day. Maybe its because he can't juice up like back in the PRIDE days or maybe he's just getting old. Whatever it is he just is not the same ruthless fighter he use to be. I'll be rooting for my man Silva but I see this fight being pretty close, maybe even going to a decision. After Wanderlei finishes this fight at a catch weight of 195 then he plans on dropping down to middleweight. I think that Silva could do pretty well at 185.

Heres the links to watch the countdown:
Part 1
Part 2

Well thats what I think about UFC 99. Let me know what you think and we'll see what happens tonight!



Comments

No responses to “Countdown to UFC 99 The Comeback”

Post a Comment